As a client of Chertsey Vets, we hold yours, and your pets' data, securely on our electronic database. We store any paper consent forms as a paper copy in our locked archive, and as an electronic copy attached to your pets clinical history.
When you become a client of Chertsey Vets we have a contract of animal health care, and we use your data to provide health care for your pet. If you choose not to provide your personal details to us (name, address, telephone number, email address) then we are unable to carry out our duty of care for your pet(s).
We ask you to select your data preferences and then sign our data protection consent form
We share your data, with your consent, with:
- Other veterinary surgeons: e.g. seeing a specialist
- External laboratories: e.g. when we send away a blood sample
- Paraprofessionals: e.g. hydrotherapist or behaviourist
- Your insurance company: when you ask us to complete a claim form
- PetTrac: when your dog, cat or small pet is microchipped
We use data you have given us to:
- Contact you with appointment reminders
- Contact you about aspects of your pets health e.g. to discuss blood results
- Contact you to request payment for outstanding balances
- Post out any medications, letters or other requested communication
- Carry out home visits
- Collect direct debit payments if using our Healthy Pet Club service
- Send you our practice newsletter (you can opt out if you wish to)
We do not share your data with any external companies. We do not use your data for profiling. We do not store 'sensitive information' such as your ethnicity or religion.
We will ask you to confirm your personal data regularly to ensure that our records are kept correct and up to date.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) citizens now have more control of their personal data:
- You have the right to be informed about the data we hold
- You can request access to the data we hold in a readable format
If you have any questions about your data, please just ask
If you wish you withdraw you consent for the data we store or how we use it, please let us know. We can facilitate this, and explain any implications of your withdrawal of consent (e.g. if we cannot store your name, address and phone number, then we cannot contact you if we need to discuss your pet's health care).